Hime-chan no ribbon - Ongakuhen
[comments and information by Pascal Janin]
This CD contains the most prominent and famous OP/ED and early BGM.
25 tracks : 2 vocals/10 instrumentals/3 mini-drama, 45:22
All tracks seem to have been mostly performed on synthesizers,
yet very well done, with lots of violins, piano and other classical
instruments. This creates a very good and very lively mood, just
like Hime-chan herself.
Since all BGM tracks have been composed and arranged by Kawai Kenji
himself (Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2 + DoCo, Kyuuketsuki Miyu..), no
wonder why this CD is waaay enjoyable!
- 1. Egao no GENKI (SMAP) 4:31 [OP]
- [the liveliness of a smiling face]
- 2. PURORO-GU 1:20
- 3. Omatase! Himechan to Pokota (aru asa no fuukei 1) 2:15
- [here we are! Hime-chan and Pokota (a morning's scenery 1) ]
in 2 parts:
* BGM: epilogue played at the end of every episode, during
which Pokota introduces briefly the next episode
* mini-drama: Pokota wakes up Hime-chan at 9AM; she first
goes mad, thinking she's late for school, but today's
Sunday; Pokota then thinks he had never expected to be
able to talk to Hime-chan one day, nor did she; Pokota
doesn't want to think 1 year in the future, when
Hime-chan will have to return the ribbon to Erika;
Hime-chan scolds him for having such sad thoughts this
early in the morning, and swears they'll always be friends
till the end.
- 4. Himeko - tsuugakuro 3:56
- [Himeko - on her way to school]
- Hime-chan at her liveliest: very catchy, fast-paced tune,
with violins and xylophone.
- 5. Haioku no himitsu 1:57
- [the secret of the unused room]
- 6. RI - BO - N 1:02
- 7. Koi no yokan 1:46
- [a presentiment of love]
well-known melancholic tune; violins, piano and guitar.
- 8. Daichi 1:32
- 9. Zutto aitakatta 1:21
- [I wanted to meet you so badly]
- 10. Kataomoi 1:49
- [unrequited love]
- sad theme, such as when Hime-chan cries; violins and piano,
same melody as track 4, but played much sadder/slower.
- 11. Himechan to Pokota (aru asa no fuukei 2) 1:36
- [Hime-chan and Pokota (a morning's scenery 2) ]
Hime-chan remembers what she wrote in her diary, about what
happened on Friday, April 27: "at last! I spoke to senpai!!
(==Hasekura) We kept talking for a while, it was so good!
He was alone in the bus " She thought she had
forgotten all about it, then asks Pokota what, according to
him, a "girl's way" is. She wonders if all boys prefer
girls like her elder sister Aiko, beautiful and skilled.
Pokota agrees, but also thinks that Hime-chan, with her
natural kindness and cheerfulness, is even more like a
girl. He has seen her growing for 13 years, and can't be
wrong! He abrs that Hime-chan will soon meet someone who
will find her charming, and that day won't be long to come.
- 12. Tomodachi 1:28
well-known theme, when Hime-chan is among friends (mostly
with Manami and Icchan); violins and clarinet.
- 13. Hontou no kimochi 1:28
- [true feelings]
- 14. Pokota 1:14
- 15. SUKIPPU 0:57
- 16. An'un - Jinsei saidai no PINCHI 1:51
- [dark clouds - life's biggest pinch]
- 17. Tsuiseki 0:54
- 18. Ikken rakuchaku - genki no GENKI 1:51
- [the affair's settlement - more lively than ever]
- 19. Utatane 1:04
- [taking a nap]
- 20. Nekketsu 1:20
- [hot blooded - Hime-chan's teacher Gori-sensei]
- 21. Mukau tokoro teki nashi 0:43
- [nothing can stand in her way - Hime-chan's classmate and rival]
- 22. Himechan to Pokota (aru asa no fuukei 3) 0:52
- [Hime-chan and Pokota (a morning's scenery 3) ]
Pokota teases Hime-chan for having been bothered by both
Hibino Hikaru and Daichi; since Pokota gets mad at Daichi
for bothering "her" Hime-chan everyday, she thinks he might
be jealous; but she swears she loves Pokota; then the door
rings; Hime-chan remembers she had asked Manami to go out
with her; she dashes to the entrance door, but bumps into
something and falls down the stairs; Pokota thinks to
himself that Hime-chan is lost without him, and decides to
- 23. EPIRO-GU 0:49
- 24. Henshin - Mahou no kuni he 2:47
- [trasformation - to the Land of Magic]
1st transformation's theme.
- 25. BURABURA sasete (SMAP) 4:23 [ED1]
- [make me swing]
> Hime-chan no Ribbon