This is a solo album by Hayashibara Megumi (林原めぐみ).
The songs are as follows.
Most of these songs are from anime or radio drama (Slayers, Evangelion, Saber Marionette J).
Megumi wrote the lyrics to Successful Mission (Saber Marionette J), Deja Vu, Just Be Conscious (Slayers Return), Asu ni Nare, Reflection (Slayers Great), Thirty, and Maayaa.
oricon rankingsThis CD debuted at number 5. Then fell to 8, and 16. (Over 240,000 sold as of the third week.)
H.Doi's opinionsSome of the "new" mixes are weird, after knowing the original versions.
The version of Tamashii no Rufran is VERY slow, and different from the original. The feeling is not the same.
Sebastien's opinions"Iravati" is the best of the best of all Hayashibara Megumi's albums. Perfect !! There's very differents kinds of atmosphere on this album who are very agreeable :
- For "Iravati", she sing a new version of "Run All The Way", but what a version !! : after the theoric end of the song, this one continue for 2 minutes around again, with a super performance of a Gospel chorus!!
- "Kokoro no Genshi Ni Modore" is very different : this song is very calm ; the lyrics talk about god and about the Bible, the melody is superb!!
- "Tamashii No Refrain" is the "Iravati" 's version of a Japanese popular song played by Youko Takahashi for "Evangelion". Megumi play this song as the Rei-chan's voice. Very relaxing song.
- "Good Luck" is my 2nd favorite song of all Hayashibara's songs. The melody is perfect, purely and simply. Megumi did, once more again, give her best of herself for this song.
- "Maayaa" goes to close by a perfect maneer this album. Megumi prove to all of ourselves she's a very great singer.
You are understand. "Iravati" is the result of a superb work from Megumi and from King Records' musicians and chorus. You must have it !
"Iravati" is a Sanskirt word. It means "refreshment".
My Top 5 ranking : 1, 2, 7, 13, 9.