Asakura Kaoru Engekidan Musical 1998
Pony Canyon PIVL-5134 (VHS)
Pony Canyon PILL-5124 (LD)
6500 yen (VHS/LD)
approximately 110 minutes
This video contains the musical Jitterbug which was performed live
on 1998.01.28 to 1998.02.01.
Sakurai Tomo (ºù°æÃÒ) appears in the role as Saki-chan,
a girl injured in a motorcycle accident with her boyfriend, Ken.
They both end up in a near-death experience in a 1920's American-style
nightclub called "Jitterbug", where the singers and
musicians are similarly situated (not yet called to the heavens).
Saki-chan, who had no training as a singer, learns to sing and makes
friends, while in reality she fights for her life in the hospital.
The musical was written and directed by Asakura Kaoru.
The songs of this musical were released (sung all solo by Sakurai Tomo)
in the album
The scenes are as follows.
- Before "Jitterbug"
- "Dance Dance Dance" (Opening Version) by Billy
- "Body Talks" by Billy, Saki-chan and Nancy
- "Jitterbug" by Billy and Nancy
- "I Wanna Be Free" by Saki-chan
- "Angel Descent" (Enka Version) by the Angels
- "Jitterbug" (Instrumental)
- "Lip Off" by Nancy
- "Jitterbug" by Saki-chan
- "Angel Descent" (Country-Western Version) by the Angels
- "Goodbye Saki-chan" by Ken
- "Why? It's Painful" (Instrumental)
- "Friends" by Bugu, Bagu and Saki-chan
- "Anniversary" by Nancy
- "Dance Dance Dance" (Full Version)
- "Angel Descent" (Gospel Version) by the Angels
- "Good-bye!" by Billy and Saki-chan
- "Jitterbug" (Debut Version) by Saki-chan
- Staff Credit ("Dance Dance Dance")
- After "Jitterbug" (Cast Interviews in Dressing Rooms)
Main and major supporting cast appearing in the musical are as follows.
|Yoshimura Saki||Sakurai Tomo|
|Billy||Okamoto Shin (Guest)|
|Nancy||Naomi Grace (Guest)|
|Charlie, on saxophone||Suzuki Akio (Guest)|
|Michael (Angel)||Takenaka Shinichiro|
|Raphael (Angel)||Iwase Yuuji|
|Jophiel (Angel)||Ohishi Shou|
[information provided by Gary L. Blickhan]
> seiyuu page
> Sakurai Tomo